Today we honor Kaalratri….I have felt her fierceness coursing through my veins all day. A powerful shakti indeed!
Been in a bus stopped for half an hour cuz we waiting for the cops. Some guy was getting loud with the bus driver and cursing him out, so the driver called the cops.
I’m already getting peeved cuz the guy is white and the bus driver is Dominican, but he just started throwing…
He fucking got away with it!
This is how white privilege works:
1) Curse out a PoC over money and get aggressive and belittle them by throwing money in their face and the PoC gas to remain calm.
2) when the cops show up, be respectful put your whiteness on display, and get treated with respect while a PoC is expressing what this white person is.
3) when the cops leave, the put you back on the bus so the PoC has to still provide you with a service, spend the rest of the way calling him a “bitch ass” while another PoC is calmly telling you to shut the fuck up.
4) when you leave the bus, pick up the nearest rock and try to throw as hard as you can and almost hit the PoC.
5) walk away with no consequences.
This shit seriously happened right now. Right fucking now. White privilege in abt. 30 minutes or less. Smdh
White privilege is disgusting!!!
"Here, government, is the thousands of dollars you are owed for failing utterly to protect me and my colleagues while we work to earn it, for the salaries of the police bullies who can arrest us and put us through a justice system that will penalize us for demanding actual due process, who will laugh in my face if I am robbed or assaulted while earning this money for you, assuming they’re not the perpetrators themselves."
- White people: We don't want any black people in our clubs, bars, parties, restaurants, schools, government, banks, neighborhoods, or offices
- Black people: Well fuck ya'll then. We can go start our own shit that's just for black people and nobody else.
- White people: ......
- White people: Wow, excluding people based solely on their skin color? That's really racist and I am personally offended. How would you feel if we did that to you?
Anonymous asked: Hey just curious, but how can I Conjure baron samedi, or maman Brigitte? What will I need and what wishes do they fufill if asked? Does doing an offering to baron samedi, have to be repeating if you know about it? Cause he is the Los between our world and the spirit world
Conjure? If you’re not an initiated priest or at least a practitioner of Vodou I wouldn’t recommend you conjure up any loa their energies are too strong to just be conjuring up by non initiated in my honest opinion. You wouldn’t want someone to be mounted by a loa and not know how to deal with it, chances are it’ll be done wrong and the loa doesn’t appear, but rather an in welcomed spirit. And then that will open another can of worms.
Maybe you’d like to leave an offering for a loa and petition them? Ask them for guidance, and help with a specific situation? That’s something many non practitioners have been doing lately and I guess that’s safer.
but even that I’d say you may want to consult an initiated priest especially of you’re not culturally connected to the faith.
Leave offerings at the gate of a cemetery, if you have an alter (is it consecrated?) dedicate things to the alter. Go to the home of a priest of the loas you’re interested in petitioning and they’ll be able to guide and do services do you. (Probably at a fee though)
But please do not conjure anything. Please